Background

May 23, 2011

New Years Resolution

This year, I had one resolution....It wasnt to lose weight or be more active (like it has been in the past). It wasnt to de-clutter and organize (like it has been in the past). It wasnt trying to change who I know that I am..... My resolution this year was to try to gain new skills. I wanted to learn the ins and outs of my DSLR camera. I want to take it out of "Auto."

This is my camera:

It is still the most amazing camera that I have ever owned (and I bought it originally in 2007). This thing takes awesome pictures in auto, low light, landscapes....It captures colors like you would never believe. But I know that there is so much more to unleash. There is an inner artist here that is dying to come out. I've tried reading books and blogs, watching how to videos, and have friends explain it to me. For whatever reason, I understand it in that moment, but when I get out to take the pictures, I just get so excited and forget that I can make these changes to my pictures.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to overcome it? Any words of wisdom you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment